Friday, February 20, 2009

weekend--finally

For a week of not doing much, it has certainly been a long one. We actually did get a few subjects done today. Math went well with no tears or attitude today. Thanks be to God for that! Miss Bookworm struggles so much with any type of real life problems. I just don't get it...she can get the process easily if the equation is set up for her but is unable to set up an equation from a word problem. I have tried every way I know and she just doesn't get it. At least today she was willing to listen and try without tears or saying she is stupid. She is really enjoying The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and even is enjoying discussing it and picking apart the worldview questions. I love the worldview curriculum we are doing...Starting Points by David Quine. It was slow going in the beginning of the year as we covered essentials before actually beginning literature works but it was well worth it. I already see her looking at worldview when she watches TV or sees a movie with a friend.

Miss Musicwriter is feeling better today and is out with friends tonight. I don't really like it when she is out on snowy roads but at least they stay in town. Her best friend will probably come back with her to spend the night which is always fun. She is dealing with kids in band who hate her but I am proud of how she is handling this.

Mr. Well Rounded is still coughing but has managed to make school everyday this week. He tried out for the musical and ended up getting two parts--one with a solo to sing! He is very excited since this is his first time trying out for a production. I am glad he is not running track this year. It really wiped him out last year physically and emotionally. With soccer andmarching band both starting in May, I am glad track is not in the picture!

Mr. Gameboy is off tonight--a rare occurence for a Friday night. I am sure he will spend his evening watching movies or playing the Wii! It will be a nice break for him.

I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend of meal planning, lesson planning and maybe even scrapbooking some! I need to finish my dad's memorial book. I am up to the funeral and just am not sure how to finish it in a fashion that he deserves. I want to make it just right but am not sure how. I know whatever I do my mom will love it when she sees it but I want it to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment