Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three down--one to go


Today my little boy became an officially licensed driver. It hit me after I let him take the car for his first solo drive that this has been a year of changes. Miss Musicwriter got her license in April, went off to college in August and Mr. Well Rounded got his license today. No wonder I feel so stressed. Lots of changes this year, and, if you have read any of my previous entries, I am not a fan of change and tend to not handle it well. Regardless, though, they come. It was not as difficult letting him drive solo as it was when Mr. Gameboy got his license. I remember being so scared that he would get into an accident. While I still worry, it is a mother's privilege I tell them, I now realize that all my worry does not have any affect on what happens. God is ultimately the One in control and it was nice tonight being able to spend the evening at home instead of having to drive and pick up from church. Miss Bookworm has been chomping at the bit for me to let her drive. I look at her and know that her time will be here all too soon. But for now, though, I try to keep her young enough to still need me...young enough to be home with me. For when her day comes to get a license, my role diminishes to almost nill. I am definitely NOT looking forward to that! Regardless, congratulations Mr. Well Rounded. Be careful and know I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment