Wednesday, October 14, 2009

mediocrity

As I spend more time reflecting on things of God and looking around me for examples of Him, I am finding myself bothered more and more with the mediocrity of Christians around me. As my eyes are opened to the world around me and I see how Christians, especially young people, are acting, dressing, talking and striving to fit in with their non-Christian peers, I find myself getting more and more frustrated with the mediocre and lukewarm attitudes and actions that pervade the Christian community today. One book I highly recommend is Crazy Love by Francis Chan. This book was the catalyst that began to open my eyes to the laid back lifestyle that Christians today live. I am on a search for a different life--a life truly set apart for God. What will that radical change look like in my life? I am not sure myself yet, but I know that God has me on a canvas and he is transforming the picture even as I type. I am excited to see the finished portrait!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are saying and I agree with you wholeheartedly concerning the way Christians act, dress, and talk just so they can fit in with "the rest of the world. We have raised our two children different than this, and it makes it so hard for them to fit in with the rest of the church youth when those that are in it look like "punk rockers". I don't think this should be in the church world, but sadly it is. Thanks for mentioning this book. I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete