Thursday, March 12, 2009

busy, busy, busy

It seems I have been very busy lately. Many times each day I find myself too busy to talk to a friend on the phone, too busy to finish the day's school work with Miss Bookworm, too busy to plan meals for my family, too busy...you get the idea. Then, early this week, while "busy" on the computer, I realized that I wasn't really busy-- I was distracted, even bordering on lazy. Yes, I can come up with excuses like the best of them...I have pain filled nights which cause me to get little sleep so I am tired; I am the registrar for my community's travel soccer club and spring season is gearing up. I have forms to sort, data entry to complete, copies to make and all the other duties that come with my position. But I realized those were just that...excuses. I set my mind to not wasting time. I did really well up until today. Today I just felt off for some reason. It can't be the very long winter we are having--I love winter and find the new snowfall this week beautiful and exhilerating. In fact, I dread spring and summer more than anything. I still can't out my finger on what made today so difficult for me. Whatever it was, I hope it is gone tomorrow. The new job for dh starts Monday but he is going downtown tomorrow for some preliminary things. He has been home everyday for 4 months. It will be strange to have him gone everyday again yet it will also be a huge blessing. We did not get much school work accomplished while he was home and now Miss Bookworm is behind. He was quite the distraction since he was bored. Monday will be like a new year. So, looking back, I am climbing back on the wagon of using my time wisely and getting those things accomplished that God has set before me each day.

2 comments:

  1. good for you- sometimes we get busy being busy so that we can avoid what we really need to be doing- alas- I too have had those kind of busy days and find that I need to learn to the Lord manage my time-
    hugs from Meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post! now i don't feel so alone LOL - i feel like i am absolutely spinning in circles - in fact i think i really do wander around aimlessly from room to room and around each room! and it is not like there is nothing to do - but i just cannot get my act together. i have to do that old flylady trick of setting the timer for 15 minutes even when i have no idea where to start and just do something - you have encouraged me today - i have been so blue about the doggins not being here that i feel a little numb lately. but you gave me the kick in the pants i need today!!! ps i hope you don't miss the hubby too much - i hate it while my husband is at work during the day. he works 4 ten-hr days, so i get spoiled having him home sat, sun and monday, so when tues comes around, i get really lonely!

    ReplyDelete