Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Caught in the middle

I hate this. I hate being caught in the middle of a situation that, no matter which side I lean toward, I lose. I am trying to keep it all in perspective. I am trying to see what really matters isn't the here and now. It is difficult, though, to decide who is right. On one hand, I have a responsibility to the position I hold and to the President of the club. On the other hand, I have a dear Christian friend who has gone through more in the last 16 months than I would want to endure in my lifetime. Each are asking me to do different things. Each believe thay are justified in their requests. I see both sides and can see where both are coming from. Yet, one has to lose. Why is it cast on me to decide the loser? In ten years, none of this will make a difference. In ten years, everyone will have moved on and forgotten about the drama that is so painful and raw right now. But in the here and now, that is not seen. In the here and now, emotions are raw, anger is flared, and who is right is important. Is there a way to wriggle out of this? Perhaps an escape to the Rockies...living among the trees of the mountains...just nature and me. Aah, running away from the problem--the age old solution. But it really isn't a solution at all. I need to face this and figure out who should come out on top. Here I go---I am diving in.

3 comments:

  1. my thoughts and prayers are with you. that is why i do not belong to any groups or clubs. my advice is to be a little more selfish with your decision-making criteria - will you regret not helping your friend when you could have? maybe you can enlist someone to help you out with one or the other, or both, so that you can be available to both your club and to your dear friend. there is more than one way to skin a cat, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you that a decision is able to be made that will be suitable for everyone. Never easy being placed in a position where a decision needs to be made and there is the possibility that feelings could get hurt and someone is going to be disappointed with the outcome. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are doing well these days - just checking in with ya!

    ReplyDelete