Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crazy summertime

Wow. Summer is more than half over for us. I can't say that I am sad. I am ready to get back to routine and get Miss Bookworm back into a routine as well. The biggest issue, as usual in July/August, is where the money is going to come from to get the homeschooling stuff we need. I pretty much have my list of what materials we are going to use. Miss Bookworm will be home for all subjects but choir the first two quarters. She will be going to choir first block at the high school every other day. The second semester she will continue choir and add Stage Acting I and II to her schedule. I think this will be a nice reintroduction to school...non-academic classes and something she is very interested in. Having her at school for two blocks will take a huge chunck out of our day so we will need to be very disciplined in the beginning of the year to not get behind (like we did last year). The beginning of the year will be so different this year as Mr. Well Rounded has announced that he will not be playing varsity soccer. This season usually starts in mid-August with 4 hour morning practices. I have driven someone to "hell weeks" (the first two weeks of practice) for the last 5 years. This August I will not have to. He is planning on doing the fall musical at school (we do not know what it will be yet) and he doesn't want soccer to deter him from getting a good part. I believe he is also just tired of the politics and boys he plays with. Also making for a strange fall will be Miss Musicwriter's departure for college. She moves into her dorm August 30th. She is very excited to get there and start a new chapter in her life. I can't say as I blame her with the way her so-called friends have treated her this summer. She is ready to be done with the immaturity of these and meet some new friends in college. Mr. Gameboy will be working at the apple orchard again. He loves working there and will continue his other job at Target as well. Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment