Sunday, July 5, 2009

counting blessings...again

---When upon life billows you are tempest tossed...

Yeah, life can be a tempest for sure.

---When you are discouraged thinking all is lost...

Hmmm, can definitely say I have been there.

---Count your many blessings every doubt will fly...

Well, maybe not every doubt but it certainly is something I am learning these days. Counting my blessings is not always easy. Sometimes I tend to lose sight of what should be considered blessings. I think of the material things I don't have and think I am missing out on blessings. The reality is I am blessed. Right now a dear friend's husband is in the hospital for at least the 8th time in the last year. Last summer he almost died in surgery. Since then, he has had complication after complication. Yesterday he had to be taken back to the emergency room. No matter what they give him, something keeps recurring causing high fevers and other unpleasant things. Regardless, this family has been through a lot in the last year or so. Discouragement is setting in and they are wondering if there is healing in sight for him this side of heaven. When I am tempted to whine about a vehicle that is less than wonderful or an unexpected duty that arises with one of my four teens, I instead pray for my friend and his family. I know God uses all things for His glory. I also know that He is the ultimate Physician. I will continue to count my blessings as well as continue to pray for those who are hurting or in pain or are facing difficult circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment