Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a better night

Thankfully, last night was a much better night than the previous one. Mr. Well Rounded is exhausted for sure, but there wasn't any arguing or talking about death as there had been. His mom is supposed to come home today. I know the young man is not looking forward to going home--he told that to both Mr. Well Rounded and Miss Musicwriter, but I know his mom will be happy to see him. I think it will be the first time Mr. Well Rounded has slept in his own room in quite some time. While his friend is here, they sleep in our family room. I know God cares abdout this young man and I know He has a plan for his life. If he did not, He would not have created him. I am not sure where we fit into that plan except to be a support system for him. In doing that, though, I need to watch the emotional health of my own son. That is the line I am having trouble walking. How do I protect my own son without turning my back on this young man? I pray God shows me the way.

2 comments:

  1. What a hard situation. I pray that this young man is kept in safety and that things turn around for him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thia! It is a hard situation. He ended up spending an extra night with us. His mom really wanted him home but she agreed to one more night. He seemed okay but my son was so tired. On the bright side, hism om did say that her retreat/counseling experience was life changing so I hope things at his own home get better for all of them.

    ReplyDelete